We are a Christian Trust that includes parents and educationalists in Redbridge who have been given the go-ahead by the Department of Education (DfE) to open a school in the borough.
City Gates School (CGS) is a proposed all-through school with a Christian designation. Whilst City Gates School will be a non-denominational Christian school, we are affiliated to the Chelmsford Diocese of the Church of England and are able to draw on their considerable expertise and support for Christian schools.
City Gates School will be a fully inclusive school, welcoming children aged 4-16 from families of all faiths and none. There will be three forms of entry at the primary phase (Reception to Year 6) and four forms of entry at the secondary phase (Year 7 to Year 11). We plan to open in September 2018 with Reception and Year 7.
Our focus will be on educational excellence: academically, socially and spiritually. Pupils will learn in a caring Christian environment where they will be valued and encouraged. In our all-through school, pupils will benefit from being able to move seamlessly between the primary and secondary phases. This can be a difficult transition for some children.
We are in the process of appointing a Principal and working with the DfE to find a suitable site in Redbridge.
You can also contact us on 0208 911 8083 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With best wishes
Chair of Governors
Our School Vision
Our Expectations are that:
- Children will look forward to coming to City Gates School
- Children will make an effort, work hard, take on challenges, be courteous and have excellent behaviour
- Staff and parents will work in close partnership
- Children will develop the knowledge, skills and understanding necessary to become active responsible citizens who are able to make a difference in the world
- Everyone is precious to God. This ethos will permeate everything we do at City Gates School
- We will provide a supportive learning environment where we welcome children from all faiths or none
- We will nurture the spiritual, moral, social, physical as well as the academic development of our children
Learning and Achievement
- We will provide high quality teaching, which will ensure that children progress and achieve their full potential
- We will listen to children and develop enquiring minds
- We will offer an exciting and creative international curriculum, promote inquiry based learning and provide memorable learning experiences.
- We will offer opportunities for each child to gain the skills necessary for individual learning and to move confidently on to the next phase of education.
- We will place great importance on literacy and numeracy but we will also identify opportunities to prepare our children for the demands and experiences of adult life
• Staff and pupils will treat others as they expect to be treated
• Children will develop positive attitudes and relationships with others
• They will increasingly learn to make good choices
• Every member of our school community will have a right and responsibility to make a contribution
• Pupils will learn to respect the contributions of others, recognising each individual’s right to equality
Ethos and Values
At City Gates School we aim to ensure that all pupils, staff and visitors experience the effects of the Christian ethos of the school.
Built on the teachings of Jesus Christ, our faith ethos is that the practice of commonly-held virtues of peace, tolerance, kindness, goodness, loyalty, self-control, gentleness, joy and love help to build a purposeful learning community.
We aim to foster a positive environment which thrives on service to one another and the pursuit of excellence at all stages. This will be demonstrated through assemblies, in lessons and daily interactions where children learn how to be productive, active citizens with a strong moral compass.
All pupils will study Religious Education and Citizenship. Nurtured spiritually and morally, our pupils will develop to have a positive influence on their homes, their communities, and the world.
An all-through School with a difference
Our all-through school provides a unique opportunity to ensure continuity, progression and a relevant curriculum throughout the school.
Pupils will benefit from the advantage of having children aged 4-16 learning on the same site, providing positive role models to support younger children whilst developing the caring and nurturing qualities of pupils as they move up the school.
CGS will overcome the weaknesses that can occur as pupils transfer between different primary and secondary schools. We will develop a seamless transition between the primary and secondary phases to enable progression in learning.
Code of Conduct
At City Gates School we expect respect and courtesy from all our pupils in their interactions with each other, with members of staff and with other adults. We like to think of our school as an environment where everyone can display individuality and initiative, but with a clear set of standards on which expected behaviour is based.
Everyone is precious to God
We believe every person is of value irrespective of their background, beliefs, race, class, gender, sexual orientation or ability.
Love your neighbour as yourself
We believe in showing active consideration towards all those around us whether we have common beliefs or not.
Be your brother’s keeper
We believe in being accountable, taking responsibility for others and being proactive in making a positive difference.
School uniform provides a sense of belonging and helps pupils work together towards a common cause. All pupils will be expected to wear full uniform at all times (including a practical PE kit). Please see the uniform list for each age group on our school website. Jewellery (with the exception of small stud ear rings) should not be worn for school.